TNBA Ranking System and Tourament Regulations
- TNBA Ranking System
- Touraments Included
- Points system
- Players / pairs win basic points according to how far they progress in the draw of particular tournament.
- If a player / pair:
- had a bye in the first round and lost in the second round - they receive first round loser's points
- had a bye in the first round, won the second round and lost in the third round - they receive third round loser's points
- had a walkover in the first round and lost in the second round - they receive second round loser's points
- had a bye in the first round, walkover in the second round and lost in the third round - they receive third round loser's points
- Incase of double events
- The points awarded to a doubles pair will be divided equally between the partners, which will determine the Individual Doubles Ranking Points.
- The sum of the Individual Doubles Ranking Points of the partners will decide the total number of Ranking Points of the Pair.
- Additional Points and notional ranking
- If a player misses a tournament due to his engagement as nominee of TNBA or BAI in National/International Coaching Camp or a National/ International tournament, average points earned by such player prior to such tournament during the period in consideration for computing the TNBA ranking points may be added as additional points to his/her TNBA ranking points.
- Criteria for Indian Ranking Tournaments
- The minimum number of entries in each event of the main competition must be at least 6 players / pairs.
- The 6 players / pairs must play at least one match in the competition. i.e. there should not be any walkovers.
- The separation of players between the qualifying and main draws to be according to the latest TNBA Ranking.
- The seeding also should be according to the latest TNBA Ranking.
- The vacancies in the draw to be filled according to the latest TNBA Ranking.
- An event where less than six players / pairs actually participate will not be included in the TNBA Ranking.
- Computation of Points and Selection
- All tournaments except the last held state championship in consideration must have been held during the last 52 weeks as on date.
- It is mandatory to update the ranking points of all tournaments of regulation 1.1 before the publish of the first M&Q List of any scheduled tournament of regulation 1.1 completed hitherto
- If two players are more players are found equal in ranking points, the order of merit while ranking the players in consideration except for regulation 5.4 shall lie within the discretion of the selectors
- If two or more players are in tie for a slot in the main draw,the player for the respective position in the Main draw is chosen by lots
- If more players are in tie for the last entry of the main draw,the player for the Maindraw is chosen by lots
- Whenever lots were to be picked where the constitution deem fit , it is done in public view at a specified date, time and venue marked in the official website of TNBA at least 24 hours prior to the course of action along with officials appointed for this purpose.
- The TNBA Ranking point list Table is as under
- Conduct of Tournaments
- Entries, Draws and Schedule
- The entries for tournaments of regulation 1.1 shall be closed 10 days before the start date of the tournament
- The full list of Entries received shall be published 7 days before the start of the Tournament
- The first M&Q List of entries for tournaments of regulation 1.1 shall be published 5 days before the start date of the tournament
- The draws shall be made in the presence of tournament committee representative in public view at specified date and time as marked in the TNBA website The draws shall be published 1 day before the start of the tournament of regulations 1.1
- The player participating in tournaments of regulations 1.1 shall not be allowed to participate in more than three events. In case of more entries given by the player, the organizers have the right to arbitrarily remove the entry of the player from any of the listed events so as to limit the number to 3
- Every player irrespective of the no of events he/she may participate shall be given at least 30 Minutes break in between his/her scheduled matches
- For the BAI Sanctioned tournaments entries will be closed two days before the actual closing day tournament at the TNBA Office
- For BWF Tournaments Entries will be closed 10 days before the actual closing day.
- Entries received after these dates will not be accepted and No Intimation will be sent
- Scholarship Programs
- Selection Guidelines
- The selection of the top two players in singles shall be
- The winner of the last held state championships
- The other player shall be chosen from TNBA ranking points.
- If more players were to be picked outside the top 2 as specified in regulation 8.1, the other players shall be picked by the order of TNBA Ranking points
- The selection of teams for doubles
- The first team shall be selected by the procedure of regulation 8.1.2
- The remaining teams shall be picked by the order of TNBA ranking points
The TNBA Rankings are lists of the players / pairs in order of strength as calculated using points-based system.
The Rankings are derived from TNBA-sanctioned Ranking tournaments and the Annual State Championships held as individual events
Round Championship Ranking 1-Winner 1200 700 2 -Runner 1020 595 3/4 840 490 5/8 660 385 9/16 480 272 17/32 300 167The main draw strenth of singles
Total Main Draw Qualifiers Ranking Players Wild Card 32 16 16 0The main draw strenth of doubles
Total Main Draw Qualifiers Ranking Players Wild Card 16 8 8 0
Events Category #Courts Days Under-13 6 5 Sub Junior Under-15 6 5 Sub Junior Under-17 6 5 Junior Under-19 6 5 Senior 6 5
All scholarship programs initiated by the TNBA shall be made in consideration of a player’s performance at the national events derived from the table below
Events Category BAI Ranking Performance at BAI Tournaments Listed During the last 52 Weeks Singles Top 25 Quarter Finals and Higher Doubles Top 10 Winner or Runner